Church COVID-19 Updates
In Person worship will “actually” take place in the Worship Center on Wednesday, August 26 and Sunday, August 30. It is time for Woodlawn to reopen the church campus for those that desire to worship in person. All online options will still be provided for those who plan to worship from home. The last Saturday morning worship will take place on August 22.
Due to the distance restrictions in the Worship Center, the worship center will only be at 30% capacity, therefore we are expecting many to remain cautious and not attend until there is a vaccine or the virus is contained.
Volunteers needed: If you do plan to attend, please be aware that we need volunteers to help in many different areas since many of our volunteers will not be able to attend in person. Please contact if you are willing to serve.
Children and Youth Ministries: Both the Children’s ministries and Youth ministries are preparing to bring their ministries back on campus soon. More information will be going to the parents and participants as they prepare to phase in these ministries.
Due to many of the teachers being in the high-risk group, Woodlawn will need to recruit new leadership to fill their roles. Be aware that all children and youth volunteer positions go through an interview process and background check for the safety and protection of our children.
RSVP for Worship Service
We are asking all those that plan to attend to RSVP for the service that they will be attending. If you typically attend the 9:30 Sunday morning worship and do not want to attend the Wednesday night worship, you do have the flexibility to be a part of the Contemporary Worship on Sunday at 11:00 am.
We would like to encourage those that are in the workplace and unable to avoid contact with others to choose the Sunday option. When you register, you can provide the number for all those that plan to attend with you. (We do not need every person’s name.) If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact .
- 6:00 pm Traditional Wednesday Evening Worship Service This worship is for those in a high-risk group or if you have been able to stay home with limited contact with others and able to maintain 6 ft social distancing.
- 11:00 am Contemporary Sunday Morning Worship Service
Please read below to understand some of the details. You can also click on the “FAQ’s for Woodlawn Campus Reopening.”
Here are a few details concerning the Reopening of the church campus.
- The 9:30 Traditional Worship will move to Wednesday evening at 6:00pm. This will allow the at-risk population to have their own Worship Service
- The 11:00am Contemporary Worship will still be at the regular scheduled time.
- People will need to register to attend a worship service.
- People are being asked to wear masks.
- All people will be asked to sanitize their hands as they enter and leave the church building.
- Many doors will be propped open so that there is a minimum need to touch door handles.
- When the church campus reopens, Adult LifeGroups will also be allowed to start back, while maintaining the 6ft of social distancing between individuals or family units. And, they will be asked to wear masks. (Adult LifeGroups are expected to manage the size of their class compared to the capacity allowed in that classroom.)
- Preschool, Children, and Youth LifeGroups or childcare will not start until a later date.
- All current online experiences and resources will continue.
- The Last Saturday Worship will be on August 22.
Please do not attend if you are having any Covid 19 symptoms. This includes having a fever, a cough, to even a loss of smell and taste.
Zoom Multi-Generational Adult Lifeg
A new multi-generational LifeGroup
Office Hours and Church Staff
The church office will be closed until further notice.
- CDC Coronavirus information
- Woodlawn Facebook Page
- Woodlawn Children's Facebook Page
- Sign up for Woodlawn's E-News Letter